Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A sneak preview........


It is just 8 weeks to Pour l'Amour du Fils and the 'official' launch of Di's book. And just this week Di received.........


...a photo of the cover design.

Many of us took our first tentative steps to becoming a quilter under Di's kind and caring tutelage at her shop (Primarily Patchwork) in Canterbury and will instantly recognise the reference to that wonderful, but now sadly closed, haven in the title.  It was there that many of us met and where many lifetime friendships have been formed.

If the cover photo is any indication, then I think this is going to be a most beautiful addition to my collection of quilting books.

Congratulations Di,

Meghan

PS.  Threadbear are taking pre-orders if you are interested.

14 comments:

  1. The coverphoto is gorgeous like the quilt it is showing.
    8 weeks is an very long time :-((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne,
      Thank you for the lovely comment. Looking forward to catching up again maybe in Nantes or Veldhoven.
      Warmest regards Di

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the update - anxiously awaiting this treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the positve vibes !!
      Warmest regards Di

      Delete
  3. Look forward to Nantes, hope to buy the book there, it looks beauatiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,
      Looking forward to meeting you. Many thanks. Warmest regards Di

      Delete
  4. Makes me want to see what's inside. It's going to be a great quilting book, for sure! Unfortunately, I won't go to Nantes this year but I'll get the book as soon as it is available ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David for your kind words.
      Warmest regards Di

      Delete
  5. I am counting down the weeks to Nantes where I am fortunate enough to be taking TWO classes with Di! I have admired her quilts for a long time and it will be wonderful to meet this inspirational lady! Of course I'm also looking forward to purchasing my copy of the book - a "must have".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,
      Looking forward to meeting you in Nantes !
      Warmest regards Di

      Delete
  6. Hello Di

    I can't wait for the my copy of your book..not long to go now....how exciting. Also, If I can get your permission to enter The 19th Century Baskets into the Queensland Quilt show 2013 that would be great...have tried your email address listed on the pattern but it comes back with "failure to deliver message as email address is wrong".

    Thanks Adele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh...I'll have to look for this book in the US--absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete